Friday, August 6, 2010

From the Beach

Everyone needs a break from reality now and again.

Don'tcha just LOVE it when the biggest decision of the day is simply whether to get in the pool or go to the beach?!  Aaaaah - Yes, life's been tough...

I actually entertained thoughts of doing a beach post since we got together with my brother's family and my parents at a beach house in Michigan this last week.

I had some beachy/rainy day crafts prepared but got side tracked by the splash contests & outlet shopping.  Of course, those poolside & beach side naps were wonderful diversions.  Watching the sunset while sipping a  bottle of wine was all-consuming.  And toasting s'mores by the fire was sticky fun!  Our peach picking excursion resulted in a peach crisp for dessert  *including an ice cream run* & some yummy peach salsa - we did lots of eating... lots & lots of eating... oh.my.goodness there was TOO much eating...


 So, I'll only share my chubby piggies and spare you the unpleasant swim suit view!!


Perhaps it's safer sticking to scenery : )


Then suddenly it was time to pack up to come home & I had to make a mad dash to the beach on our last sunny morning to capture some parting shots.  My camera was on vacation too & didn't get to see too much action!  But sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered : )


Vacations are relaxing and fun, but it's good to be home *even though the car seemed to throw up beach everywhere* Now it's time to get down to business - Back.to.School Time!!

Blessings!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Yes, vacations are great! The pictures that you did get are beautiful. Glad you were able to relax and enjoy some time with your family!

Kelli
xoxo

Karen Mortensen said...

What beautiful pictures. Glad you had a wonderful time.

I love your header. How did you do that?

Ott, A. said...

hey, nice new header. I just got back from a vacation myself so I'm there with ya getting back in the swing of things. On another note, I am giving away 4 free tickets to the Indiana State Fair on my blog. thought you might be interested. Stop by to sign up, I think you'll have a good chance.

Anonymous said...

Eating, then napping on the beach, some outlet shopping, more napping then some moresnacks with some wine...I got that right? Sounds like the perfect vacation too me. Nice pix of the sunset and your painted toes too. Smiles.

My dreams are as weird as yours, so me trying to help you would truly be the blind leading the blinds, ha! ha! ha! I think we have to start journaling our dreams to get any help, ha! ha! ha!

Haup

lindalou said...

So nice that you were in Michigan. You are the 2nd blog today where they were or are in our great state. There is nothing like the great lakes. If that was a sunrise, would you have been on Lake Huron? Just wondering.