Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cheap Thrills

It's time I made a confession.  I have a condition.

It's called Listus Forgetus.  Apparently, the second I step into a store my mind suddenly goes blank and I can't remember why I'm there!  My solution is to roam each and every aisle for visual cues that might jog my memory.  Sometimes, however, I simply get distracted and become obsessed by a priceless treasure that someone has undoubtedly tried to stash in the wrong aisle just waiting for me to discover and take home.  I find that my memory is effected worst at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Target & Goodwill...   

So I stopped in at GW the other day *for a good reason, I'm sure* I find things there occasionally but not super great deals like I've been seeing some people finding recently.  On this day I found things that made me giddy, GIDDY, I'm tellin' ya!!  And honestly, I don't know why 'cause I didn't need any of it - I just knew I had to have it!  can I boast for a few minutes, please? 
I found this pair of taper candlesticks


I intend to do this with them, a la Decor Chick & Thrifty Decor Chick...


And I found this jar that will make a great pencil holder for Daughter A's vintage Parisian-themed room!
It's gonna look super cute on the desk I redid for her
*see HERE*


My heart skipped a beat when I spied this cloche dome!  Can I getta Woot Woot!!
I've been looking for one of these things!


Daughter S was with me at the time and she wanted to pull one of the ugly lampshades on her head when I squealed and practically did a jig in the aisle!!  It's the cutest little thing too!  It's not a cupcake sized one and it's not a cheese dome sized one.  I'd say it's maybe  8" in diameter.  Don't even know why I want one, but I know I've had cloche envy something awful for a while now - and now i got me one!! : )
Siiiigh! 
I paid my $5 for all the glassware and skipped outta the store.  can life get any better?
Uuuum yaw!!  I still had to go to Hobby Lobby *for paint, or something*
Well, while we were in Michigan they moved the HL that used to be 20 minutes away to a store front down the street from me!!  It went in where the Ashley Furniture used to be so it's GINORMOUS! You KNOW the second I stepped into that place there was a loud sucking noise & Listus Forgetus struck again.
But looky what I found!!

 
Can you say Match made in Heaven?!
But Wait!  There's more!
I found this candlestick for $2.99 *that's 90% off - I made Daughter S check 'cause my old eyes can't always read the fine print anymore grrrrr* It's about 16" tall!


And this frame was only $2.04!  It holds an 8 X 10 photo.


It's gonna make an adorable dry erase board or chalkboard or tray some day!  ALL of these treasures from both stores totaled under $20!
Oh Boy!  I am in soooo much trouble having HL in such close proximity!
It used to be a place I went to with a purpose.  Now it will be way too easy to just pop over there to see what I can see!!
Well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...
I've gotta break it to Handy Hubby : ) - I have a terminal condition!!!!

I may be linking up with some of these Great parties *HERE*

Blessings!

3 comments:

Ott, A. said...

My mind does the same thing when I am shopping for shoes!!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oooh! What lovely finds...and yes...a perfect match! lol Love that frenchy jar! Have a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

Chef Dennis Littley said...

now you certainly found a few treasures at bargain prices.....I need to show my wife this post!