Monday, May 9, 2011

Beuhler? Beuhler?!



My goodness! Has it really been 2 months since my last post?!  You thought I fell off the face of the earth, didn't you?  I'm so touched that you noticed my absence : ) thanks for checking on me!!  I did go back to work.  And with the end of the school year, spring sports & having a graduating senior it's been quite a whirlwind. I have several projects in progress but nothing truly complete...  hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day! & hoping to have something to share in the near future(ish)

Here's a glimpse at a few things I've been working on in the last few months:

Just a little 'thank you' gift

Before

After
There was nothing wrong with the light before.  I just wanted something different.  I still need Handy Hubby : ) to rewire the light to add a candle...


Someone had the bright idea that hand-painting a canvas drop cloth would be an economical solution to purchasing expensive fabric to cover my first chair.  After hours and hours and HOURS of painting...
and realizing I would need about 4 yards of fabric...
I couldn't take it any more and have abandoned that idea to make a couple of pillows!
Sigh!!


And finally, the only project I actually finished.
It's a centerpiece for senior night at youth group.  We were each asked to create a centerpiece that represented out senior.  I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go with that.  Wandering around Hobby Lobby one day I came upon a display of birdhouses.  I decided the centerpiece would reflect my daughter's many different homes.  First, our house number is above the front door.  It's a place she'll always be welcomed and where I hope she'll always call home.  The little sign on the perch is for her church home.  One side of the house is for her high school home.  A place that will hold a special place in her heart, I'm sure!  I made a little tassel out of embroidery thread that hangs from the Fleur De Les (she takes French, is part French & it's the symbol of her HS).  The other side represents the place she will be making her new school home in the fall.  The ribbons on the post reflect the different parts of her personality.  And on the back I printed up a Bible verse.

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  Psalm 27:4

My!  How time flies!!  Graduation already?  Where did my baby go?
She's about to spread her wings and fly!
{I didn't totally realize how perfect and symbolic that birdhouse really was until just now!}

Well, that's all folks!!
Back to reality - groceries & laundry await!

Blessings!

Partying at:

5 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Glad you are back. I wondered where you were. Great stuff you have been doing.

NatureGirl said...

Well I LOVE that hand painted fabric...but I can only imagine how tedious it was to do...

Michelle said...

I just came back from an extended bloggy break.

Love all your projects!

Unknown said...

I experimented with stenciling some curtains and also quickly realized the my wrist would give out way before I'd finish the job. I just bought new curtains from Ikea and called it good.

I like the birdhouse - from the colors and the French clue I have a good idea what high school she's graduation from. We live in the same general area. Congrats to her and you! :)

Ott, A. said...

hey just wanted to let you know I'm giving away 8 tickets to an Indy Indians Baseball game w/free food on July 19th. Just thought you might be interested since you live in the metro-area.